Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M)
About Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M)
Masters of Hotel Management (M.H.M) is a masters program that offers specialisation in various hotel and hotel-related skills such as marketing, housekeeping, food and beverage, hospitality, catering, security, finance etc.
The course offers a better insight into customer needs and what steps will be most profitable for the business. Students are provided knowledge about marketing management, food and beverage management, proficiency and communication skills and accommodation management.
Aspirants who are planning to study masters in hotel management must have good communication and organizational skills. They should be well-spoken and welcoming as the job involves communicating with clients from different cultural backgrounds. These skills help them to go a long way in their career after the completion of the MHM course.
Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M) Highlights
Check all the important details about the Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M) from the table given below.
Master of Hotel Management
Minimum Qualification Requirement
Entrance Exam + Scores in Bachelors’ degree
Average Initial Salary
INR 3 to 8 lacs per annum
Minimum Aggregate Score Requirement
Aviation Sector, Tourism Companies, Hotels, Resorts, Clubs, Guest Houses
Why Study Masters in Hotel Management(M.H.M)?
Some of the major benefits of studying Masters in Hotel Management(M.H.M) are provided below/
- The hospitality industry is full of excitement and it is different from any other industry.
- The salary after completing the MHM course is good. Candidates will also be able to improve their communication skills.
- There are plenty of job oppurtunities available after completing MHM. Candidates will be able to work in well-reputed hotels and resorts.
Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M) Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Qualification Required: Graduation from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks Required: 50%
Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M) Admission Process:
- Admission to the MHM program is on the basis of candidates performance in the relevant entrance exam conducted by institutes or government and states individually.
- Few hotel management colleges also offer admission based on merit.
- Some of the entrance exam conducted for MHM are MAH CET and CUCET.
If you have any doubt regarding MHM Porgram you can ask them at CollegedekhoQnA zone
Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M) Syllabus
The syllabus of Master of Hotel Management is provided in the table below.
Master of Hotel Management (M.H.M) Career Options and Job Prospects
There are ample job opportunities available in the field of hotel management. After completion of the program, candidates can start working in various tourism companies and hotels. Some of the top recruiting companies who hire hotel management post graduates are:
- Qatar Airways
- Vivanta by Taj
- Amby Valley
- The Leela
- Jet Airways
- The Oberoi
MHM program equips aspirants to lead and work in senior and basic roles in hotels. The can work in different departments of the hotels such as finance, marketing food and beverage etc. They can also work in aviation management as cabin crew. Listed below are some of the suitable job profiles for MHM degree holders:
- Catering Manager
- Sous Chef
- Hotel Manager
- Catering Director
- Hospitality Executive
- Marketing Executive
- Food Stylist
The starting salary of a hotel manager is Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh. They have the responsibility to manage employees, services and staff. They are also responsible for the planning, coordination, and marketing of various hotel operations and to ensure the smooth running of different departments.