Diploma in Physiotherapy
About Diploma in Physiotherapy
Diploma in Physiotherapy (D.P.T.) is a professional course in medical nursing. The course can be pursued after the successful completion of class 12th in the Science stream. To be more precise, D.P.T. deals with physiotherapy and its allied healthcare areas. The students during their course work learn how to treat patients with physical disabilities and injuries in a range of settings including hospitals, health centres, private practices, and sports clubs.
The two-year diploma programme has been designed to produce skilled and qualified professionals capable of carrying out specific tasks to make the lives of patients better. Dealing with topics such as Physical Rehabilitation, Electrotherapy and other modes of helping patients regain physical mobility, Diploma in Physiotherapy aims to produce competent professionals capable of assisting specialists in different medical procedures.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Highlights
The Major Highlights of Diploma in Physiotherapy is mentioned below:-
Diploma in Physiotherapy
Duration of the Course
Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Science stream
Merit-based/ based on marks secured in the entrance test
Annual Course Fee
Rs 10,000/- to Rs 5,00,000/-
Average Starting Salary
Rs 3,00,000/- to 20,00,000/- LPA
Diploma in Physiotherapy Eligibility Criteria
- To qualify for a Diploma in Physiotherapy candidates must have passed in 10 + 2 examination or its equivalent examination in Science stream from any recognized board of education.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate score of 45% or more in the qualifying exam in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and/or Mathematics.
- In some colleges candidates also need to appear for the entrance exam
Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission Process
To apply for a Diploma in Physiotherapy, candidates first have to fill the application form. The Admission Process for Diploma in Physiotherapy varies from one college to another. In most colleges, the admission is done on the basis of candidates marks obtained in class 10 and 12 board examination. However, in some colleges admission is done on the basis of entrance tests.
- Universities/Colleges will shortlist candidates on the basis of the past academic qualifications along with other parameters, defined in their admission policies.
- Some of the other parameters may include Personal Interview and/or Group Discussion.
- Based on the overall performance of the candidates including their past academic record, performance in the personal interview and/or group discussions, candidates will be shortlisted for admissions
- Universities may also release a merit-list and offer admissions via counselling sessions.
- Based on their past academic record, candidates will earn scores/ranks in the merit-lists and be called for counselling processes based on merit.
- They will be offered the choice of selecting the course and the college.
- Depending on the course and college chosen, the ranks obtained in the merit-list and the vacancies available for a course and college, candidates will be offered admissions
- Depending on the admission policy of the individual college, candidates will either be required to sit for a State-Level entrance exam or University-level entrance exam.
- Subsequently, merit lists with the names and scores/ranks of the candidates will be released by the competent authority.
On the basis of the candidate’s ranks/scores, their preferred choice of course & college and the vacancies available for the same will determine the admission of an aspirant
Diploma in Physiotherapy Course Fee
For all aspiring to pursue a Diploma in Physiotherapy course in India, they must pay an annual course fee of Diploma in Physiotherapy ranging between ?10,000 and ? 5,00,000. The Diploma in Physiotherapy course fee will be determined with the help of different parameters such as the ownership of the educational institution, popularity of the course and college, location of the college, etc. Government colleges offering Diploma in Physiotherapy would be comparatively cheaper than a private institution offering the same course.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Syllabus
Diploma in Physiotherapy Career Options and Job Prospects
The following are some of the popular job roles and employment areas for the candidates who have successfully completed their Diploma in Physiotherapy.
· Rehabilitation Centers
· Defense Medical Organizations
· Colleges & Universities
· Pharma Industry
· Private & Government Sectors
· Orthopaedic Departments
· Health Institutions
· Assistant Physiotherapist
· Self Employed Private Physiotherapist
· Sports Physio Rehabilitator
· Therapy Manager
· Rs 1.7 to Rs 4.5 LPA
Graduates of a Diploma in Physiotherapy course will also be able to pursue higher education if they wish to build a more lucrative career path. Bring a Diploma course, candidates will be able to pursue the following list of courses.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Sc in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
Pursuing higher education in the field will help candidates pursue better and lucrative career paths. With the higher academic qualifications, candidates will be able to pursue a career path with an annual earning from ?2,50,000 LPA to ?5,00,000, initial. With better work-experience, skills and training, the candidates will be able to earn a package of ?3,60,000 – ?6,00,000 per annum.