Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)- Course Overview
Duration: 4 yrs |Mode: Regular|Avg. Fees: 70000-75000 / Year
About Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)
The Master of Physiotherapy or MPT course is a 2-year postgraduate programme under allied health sciences with the aim of enhancing the quality of life of an individual. Like most PG medical and allied health science course, MPT is a research-oriented programme which directly allows for a deeper and extensive understanding of Physiotherapy and its effects on human well-being.
Under the curriculum of a Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) course, a student will gain the appropriate knowledge and skills to provide medical solutions to one’s physical disabilities. Moreover, students will be exposed to a number of case studies and clinical practices which will allow for a critical and analytical understanding of the field and its applications.
As MPT graduates, candidates will take part in rehabilitative and restorative medical practices to combat issues of motor disabilities, improvement of posture, respiratory issues and many other physically restrictive disabilities which causes normal people to work harder to participate in normal routines.
Master of Physiotherapy Course Highlights
Minimum Academic Requirement
BPT or equivalent
Minimum Aggregate Score Requirement
50% or more
Average Course Fees
INR 80,000 per year
Average Initial Salary
Areas of Employment
Govt/Pvt Hospitals, Fitness Centres, Health Centres, Sports Training Centres, etc.
Master of Physiotherapy Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Requirement: BPT (Bachelors in Physiotherapy) from a recognised university
- Minimum Marks Required: 50% to 60% (May vary for different colleges)
- Age Limit: Not specified
Master of Physiotherapy Admission Process:
- The admission process for Master of Physiotherapy varies for different colleges.
- Some institutes offer direct admissions based on candidates’ performance in the bachelor’s degree exams.
- Some colleges, on the other hand, conduct entrance exams to select students.
- Those who manage to perform well in these exams are then called for the counselling process.
- Some of the popular MPT entrance exams in India are All India Post Graduate Physiotherapy Entrance Test, CET Entrance Exam for Master’s Program, NEET PG, etc.
Career Options and Job Prospects
|Salary After MPT|
Master of Physiotherapy Syllabus
Research Methodology and Biostatistics – Introduction
Sampling Distribution and Basic Probability
Biomechanics of Tissues
Advanced Manual Therapy
Health & Fitness
General Physiotherapy for Maternal and Childcare
Physiology and Anatomy of the Nervous System
Motor Development in Humans
Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
Healthcare and Fitness
Anatomy and Physiology