Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
About Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery is a five-year undergraduate academic degree which offers knowledge about the homoeopathic medicines and system. Within the time frame of 5.5 years, it is mandatory for students to undertake the internships at the hospitals.
Homoeopathic system of medicine is totally different from allopathy system and strongly believes in the natural healing process of the body. The Homeopathy medicines work in such a way that they activate the body’s natural system of healing, as per them the healing happens from within (internally) and not externally.
The system of medicine is gaining a lot of popularity worldwide as these medicines are in a very diluted form and are made from the natural products found in the lap of nature. The course involves various practical sessions and readings of the homoeopathic text so that students can understand the origin of this system of medicine and how it benefits the human body over other systems of medicines and healthcare.
BHMS Course Highlights
Check out all important details about the B.H.M.S from the table given below.
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery
Allied Health Sciences/ AYUSH
INR 20,000/- to 3,00,000/-
50% to 60%
Merit Base / Entrance Exam
Average Initial Salary
INR 3,00,000 PA to 12,00,000 PA
Homoeopathic Doctor, Homoeopathic Consultant, Teaching Job, Pharmacist, Insurance Officer, Research Professional, Marketing Specialist
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.) Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BHMS course are mentioned below.
- Minimum Qualification Required: Passed in 10+2 in science stream with Biology, Chemistry, Physics as their main subject in high school.
- Minimum Marks Required (Aggregate): 50% to 60%, depending upon the college to college.
- Age Limit: Age Limit for the BHMS program is 22 years for the general category and 24 years for the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC)
BHMS Admission Process
- Direct Admissions: In the majority of colleges, admission to the BHMS course is made on the basis of the candidate’s marks secured in 10 + 2 examination.
- Direction Through Entrance Exams: In some colleges, candidates are selected on the basis of performance in college/ state-level entrance exam
- Some of these colleges also conduct group discussions or/ and personal interview rounds as a part of the selection process.
- In both cases, when candidates are shortlisted, they must report to the college with all supporting documents and secure their seats.
Top BHMS Entrance Exams
Following are the popular Entrance Exams for BHMS:
- NEET Entrance Exam
- PU CET Common Entrance Test
- AP Entrance Examination
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.) Syllabus
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.) Career Options and Job Prospects
After completing graduation from BHMS, candidates have a handful of opportunities available for them. Interested students can pursue an MD in Homeopathy which is for 3 years. Students can pursue MD in the subjects such as MD in Homeopathy – Materia Medica, MD in Homeopathy – Organon of Medicine, and others. Since Homeopathy treatment is a side-effect free there is a lot of demand for people with a degree in the respective field.
After graduation, one may practice as a Homeopathy doctor in both private and government hospitals/clinics. One can also start their private practice and can work in the manufacturing, quality control, sales, and marketing units of the field. The common job profiles available for graduates are:
- Homeopathic Doctor
- Homeopathic Consultant
- Teaching Job
- Insurance Officer
- Research Professional
- Marketing Specialist