Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
For a successful career in the fashion industry, B.F.Tech is regarded as one of the rewarding and promising programs. Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) is a four-year undergraduate program which provides knowledge, techniques and methods required in the production of fashion accessories and fashion garments.
The course provides students with necessary skills, use of techniques and equipment required in the fashion industry and its production. Bachelor of Fashion Technology also introduces students to the management aspects of the fashion industry and an insight into the designing, managing, conceptualizing and marketing of fashion products and goods.
Institutes conduct various workshops, training sessions and practical projects during the program to develop students creative sight and make them familiar with the technology of fashion industry.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Qualification Required: 10+2 or equivalent examination with (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) as mandatory subjects.
- Minimum Marks Required: 50%
B.F.Tech Admission Process:
- There are only handful of colleges in India offering B.F.Tech.
- Admission to the B.F.Tech Program is on the basis of national level entrance exam conducted by National Institute of Fashion Technology ( NIFT)- GAT Entrance Exam.
- Few private colleges also have direct admissions on the basis of class 12 the marks as admission criteria.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) Syllabus
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) Career Options and Job Prospects
The fashion industry in the past few years has emerged as a lucrative and promising career. It is just not limited to designing and production of a set of garments but has various different aspects to it.
The average starting salary of a B.F.Tech graduate is Rs. 2 lakh to Rs 4. lakh annually. Listed below are some of the popular job roles for fashion technology graduates:
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Costume Designer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Fashion Buyer
- Apparel Production Manager
- Technical Promoter
- Production Pattern Maker
The employment areas for fashion technology graduates are ample such as Export Houses, Textile Mills, Fashion Houses, Garment Manufacturing Unit, Promotion of Brands and Leather Companies.