B.SC Radio Medical Imaging Technology (LEET)
B.Sc in Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology is a higher degree course suitable for graduates who want to pursue a professional career in MEDICAL IMAGING TECHNOLOGY. It is designed to provide specialized training in the scientific principles of modern imaging science and in the application of these principles in the field of radiodiagnosis and imaging.
Radiography is the science of taking images of the internal and hidden portions of the human body for diagnostic purposes Using Ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan, MRI, etc. comes under the realm of Radiography. Radiography, a prominent paramedical professional course is meant to create professional experts in diagnostic tests for medical treatment with the use of radiation.
There is huge scope for Radiographers in the Healthcare industry, the Diagnostic Department, the Intensive Care Units of hospitals, and the Operating Theatre. It is worth mentioning that radiographers who can perform the ultrasound test are known as sonographers.
- To impart knowledge about clinical education with a focus on cognitive (problem-solving and critical thinking) and affective domains.
- To create professionals who meet the ever-increasing demand for radiologists and medical imaging professionals including
- To strengthen the medical instruction content writing skills of students
- To instill a sense of care and compassion in students with a commitment to provide highly efficient patient care services
- To create professionals with the highest clinical competency
- Gaining clinical efficiency in the field of medical imaging and analysis
- Sharpening critical thinking skills
- Understanding clinical environment and patient needs
- Nurturing commitment and ethical behavior
- Strengthening communication skills and empathy to deal with patients, families, and other healthcare providers.
- Two years Diploma in Pharmacy or Radio medical Imagining Technology after 10+2, recognized by any State Board
- Duration: 3 Years (Including 1 year of Clinical Training/Internship)
- The candidate who has passed 3 years diploma after Matric or two years diploma after 10+2 shall be eligible for admission to the 2nd year through lateral entry.
Radiography is an emerging field with high demand coming from nursing homes, hospitals, diagnostic centers, and super-specialty hospitals. Students can choose to work part-time or full-time; they can also pursue research in this field.
There exist lucrative opportunities to work and grow in public hospitals, private hospitals, military hospitals, clinics, and dedicated diagnostic centers run by private groups or NGOs. A student can opt to do further specialization in the field of Interventional Radiology, Bone Densitometry, Computed Tomography, Mammography, MRI, Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Interventional Radiology, Cardiovascular, Basic X-Ray, etc
- Diagnostic Radiographer
- Radiation Therapy Educator
- Radiation Protection Specialist
- Radiation Therapy Team Supervisor
- Radiation Therapy Technologist
- Radiation Therapy Treatment Researcher
- Therapy Radiographer
- X-Ray Technician