B.Sc Fashion Design
About B.Sc Fashion Design
Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design or BSc Fashion Design is an undergraduate program of fashion designing. It is a 3-year course that is spread over six semesters. The course constitutes the study of the specialized fields in the area of fashion design such as jewelry and accessory design, garment design, footwear design, interior design, and leather design, etc.
BSc Fashion Design includes the study of creating designs. It involves the conversion of creativity and artistic talent in creating saleable products like artistic talent, clothing, jewelry, footwear, and other accessories. BSc Fashion Design also incorporates fashion behavior and fragile market trends.
With the ever-evolving world of fashion, BSc Fashion Design is very popular among aspirants. Candidates inclined towards the field of fashion go for BSc Fashion Design after completing intermediate as it leads them to a path of a successful future.
B.Sc Fashion Design Highlights
Check out the salient features and the highlights of BSc Fashion Design mentioned in a tabulated format below:
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Students must have qualified class 12 examination or its equivalent
Through score secured in entrance exam or merit in the qualifying exam
Minimum Aggregate Score Required
Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 5,00,000
Rs 3,00,000 to Rs 10,00,000
B.Sc Fashion Design Eligibility Criteria
In order to take admission to a college offering BSc Fashion Design, an aspirant is required to go through the minimum eligibility criteria set by the college. If a candidate is unsuccessful in meeting the parameters laid down by the desired college, he/she would be considered invalid for taking admission in BSc Fashion Design. Enlisted below are the conditions that a candidate must meet anyhow in order to get through the admission process of a certain college.
- An aspirant seeking admission in BSc Fashion Design must have cleared class 12/intermediate final examination from a recognized board of education.
- The minimum aggregate score that a candidate is required to have scored is 50%. Certain colleges provide relaxation to reserved categories like SC/ST/PwD as per the norms of the college.
- Each college has a separate set of eligibility criteria that aspirants must satisfy before taking admission for pursuing a BSc in Fashion Design.
- The candidate must have qualified for a state level, national level, or institute level test for studying the course. It depends on the parameters assigned by the college.
The admission process for studying BSc Fashion Design varies from college to college or university to university. Enlisted below are common admission processes related to BSc Fashion Design an aspirant must be aware of.
- Some colleges conduct their separate entrance exams to enroll students while others select students as per the common entrance exam.
- Certain colleges shortlist students on the basis of merit. The marks secured in the qualifying examination determine the admission of the candidate to the desired college.
B.Sc Fashion Design Entrance Exam
Aspirants seeking admission in BSc Fashion Design have to appear for an entrance exam to get admission in the desired college. Mentioned below are some of the popular entrance tests that a candidate can apply for if he/she is willing to study BSc Fashion Design.
- Army Institute of Fashion Design Test (AIFD)
- Common Entrance Examination for Design Test (CEED)
- All India Entrance Examination For Design Test (AIEED)
- Indian Institute of Crafts & Design Entrance Test (IICD)
- MIT Institute of Design GDP and PGDP Admission (MIT Entrance)
- Footwear Design & Development Institute Test (FDDI AIST)
- Under Graduate Common Entrance Examination for Design Test (USED)
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Test (NIFT)
- Pearl Academy of Fashion Combined General Proficiency Test (PAF GPT)
- National Institute of Design Graduate Diploma Program in Design Test (GDPD B.Des.)
B.Sc Fashion Design Syllabus
Syllabus of BSc Fashion Design keeps changing from college to college. Captured below in a tabular format is the syllabus an aspirant might encounter while studying BSc Fashion Design.
Basic Computer Studies
Indian Art Appreciation
Fabric Dyeing and Printing
Apparel Construction Methods
Introduction to Pattern Making and Garment Construction
Elements of Design
Current Global Fashion Trends
History of Costumes
Elements of Textiles
Fashion Illustration and Design
Free Hand Drawing
Surface Development Techniques