B.A. in Psychology
About B.A. in Psychology
Psychology is the study of the mind and its behaviour. It comprises of several study areas like health, personality, human development, social behaviour, cognitive processes, etc. Psychologists learn all about the factors that make an impact on the thought and behaviour of a person.
A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology is an undergraduate degree whose duration is three years. The course includes topics like Biopsychology, Psychology of Individual Differences, Social Psychology, Counselling Psychology, etc.
Human beings are becoming more and more engrossed in a stressful life which makes way for depression, sickness and complex relationships in the long run. Thus, Psychologists can find a lot of opportunities that offer great job satisfaction, career growth and personal development at Welfare Organisations, Rehabs, NGOs, Hospitals, etc.
B.A. in Psychology Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to go for B.A. in Psychology should have-
- Passed 10+2 from a recognised board.
- Secured at least 50-55% in aggregate in Class 12 exam.
- Passed every subject in 10+2.
B.A. in Psychology Syllabus
Introduction to Psychology (Theory+Practical)
Statistical Methods for Psychological Research- I (Theory+Tutorial)
Biopsychology (Theory + Tutorial)
Psychology of Individual Differences (Theory+Practical)
- Youth Psychology (Theory+ Tutorial)
- General Psychology (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Psychology at Work (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Inter-group Relations (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Psychology for Health and Well-being (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Youth, Gender and Identity (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Psychology and Media (Theory+ Tutorial)
Ability Enhancement Elective Courses (AEEC):
- Emotional Intelligence (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Educational Psychology (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Stress Management (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Selection and Training (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Psychological Skills in organization (Theory+ Tutorial)
- Effective Decision Making (Theory+ Tutorial)
Discipline-Specific Elective (DSE):
- Psychology of Disability (Theory+ Practical)
- Human Resource Management (Theory+ Practical)
- Project/Dissertation (VI Semester)
- Health Psychology (Theory+ Practical)
- Psychology of Peace (Theory+ Practical)
- Community Psychology (Theory+ Practical)
- Psychological Perspective in Education (Theory+ Practical)
- Positive Psychology (Theory+ Practical)
- Cultural and Indigenous Psychology (Theory+ Practical)
B.A. in Psychology Career Options and Job Prospects
Job seekers in the field of psychology have multiple opportunities that they can explore. With experience in the field, one can easily drive his/her career growth and development. Although the salary of a Psychologist depends on experience, a fresher can begin with Rs 20,000 per month. The salary will surge with further job experience. A Psychology graduate can find jobs as:
- Careers Counsellors
- Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
- Counselling Psychologist
- Sports Psychologist
- Community Counsellor