ALL INDIA LAW ENTERANCE TEST
ABOUT AILET 2022
All India Law Entrance Test – AILET is an annual entry-level examination organized by National Law University, Delhi. The purpose of AILET is to select candidates for B.A, LLB, LLM, and Doctorate Programmes.
AILET EXAM 2022 KEY ELEMENT
All India Law Entrance Test
University Level Entrance Test (UG & PG)
National Law University
Once a year
Duration of Exam
B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M, PhD. Program
Mode of Application
Mode of Exam
Offline mode as per announcement on Nov 13,2021
Number of Seats
LLM program- 70, BA LLB program- 110 Ph.D. program- 5-10
AILET EXAM IMPORTANT DATE
The tentative dates for AILET 2022 are mentioned below. These dates are subject to alterations depending on the official announcement.
AILET 2022 Important Dates
Announcement of exam date
November 13, 2021
Release of admission notification
January 17, 2022
Commencement of application form
January 17. 2022
Last date to apply
April 07, 2022
April 21, 2022
May 1, 2022
Answer key date
To be notified
To be notified
To be notified
AILET Exam Registration Process
AILET Exam 2022 registration process commences on 17th January 2022, till 7th April 2022. Candidates who want to participate in the exam have to apply for the exam by filling the application form through the official website of the AILET. It is an online process that involves the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of AILET
- Click on the link New Registration.
- Fill required details.
- Click on the Register button.
- Get Password and email id to login to the AILET application form.
Step 2: Select the law course
- The exam is held for both undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses in law, so students need to choose the course they are applying for.
- For this students need to select the application form for – BA LLB (Hons), LLM, and PhD.
- Once, the students have selected the course in which they want to secure admission they need to click on the “Apply Now” button for the next step.
Step 3: Fill AILET online application form 2022
- Re-login using unique AILET ID
- Fill all the details
- Click Save & Next.
Step 4: Upload Documents
- Upload the scanned photograph (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, 1 MB).
- Upload the scanned signature (3.5 cm X 1.5 cm, 1 MB).
- Upload scanned 10th, 12th and graduation mark sheet.
Step 5: Fee Payment
This is the final step towards completing the AILET 2022 application form. There are two available modes of payment.
The applicant can pay the application fee for the offline mode by selecting ‘Cash Deposit at Post’. The nearest post office branch and city is to be chosen, and a challan will be generated. Students are required to pay the fee at the selected branch within 48 hours of challan generation.
The post office will keep one part of the deposit slip for records, and others will be returned to the candidate. Do not forget to collect the slip. When the fee is paid, the fee submission status will be updated within 72 hours.
Candidates should opt for the ‘Online Payment Gateway’ if the fee payment is to be done via Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking. If the transaction is done via Credit Card/Debit Card, then you have to give details like Card number, CVV number, Expiry Date.
In case the payment is made by the option of Net banking, then a redirected bank’s site is shown where the candidate’s account details are confirmed, and the payment is accepted. After the payment process is complete, the candidate will receive an acknowledgment slip on the registered Email ID. The applicant must take a print-out of this acknowledgment slip and keep it with them.
Fee (in Rs)
Kashmiri Migrant/Foreign National
Step 6: Final Submission
- After completing all the steps mentioned above candidates will have to do the final submission of the AILET application form.
- Don’t forget to download the filled-in application form.
AILET Admit Card 2022 Date
Candidates who register and submit the AILET 2022 application form will be issued admit cards for appearing in the entrance examination on April 21, 2022. AILET admit card is an important and mandatory document for appearing in the examination. The candidate will be able to download the admit card by logging into the AILET 2022 admission portal.
AILET EXAM ELIGIBILITY
National Law University, Delhi has defined the eligibility conditions that must be fulfilled by all the law aspirants to register for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET).
All the courses have different criteria for eligibility.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent with the minimum 45% marks from a recognized board. 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
- Candidates under the Foreign Nationals Category must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent with the minimum 65% marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates in class 10+2 or awaiting board results are also eligible to apply for AILET.
- Foreign Nationals and OCI/PIO candidates are exempted for AILET exam but they take the admission on the same portal.
- Candidates must have passed the LL.B. or equivalent with the minimum 45% marks from a recognized board. 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
- Candidates under the Foreign Nationals Category must have passed the LL.B. or equivalent with the minimum 55% marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates who are pursuing LL.B. or awaiting board results are also eligible to apply for AILET.
- The applicant should hold a Master’s degree from any recognized university.
- The student needs to acquire a minimum of 55% marks as aggregate and 50% for those who belong to the reserved category.
AILET 2022 EXAM Layout
National Law University has designed different patterns of exam for each program: B.A.LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. The pattern for the AILET 2022 is mentioned below.
- Mode: The examination will be organized in the online mode.
- Duration of Exam: Candidates will get 1 hour 30 minutes to solve the question paper.
- Medium: The questions will be in the English language.
- Total Questions: There will be a total of 150 questions in the examination.
- Questions Type: Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded to the students.
- Negative marks: 0.25 marks will be subtracted from the candidate’s total score for every incorrectly marked answer.
The students must follow the exam pattern while starting the preparation for the AILET 2022 exam. NLU Delhi allows admission to the following programs, which are based on AILET 2022 scores, i.e., BA LLB and LLM seats, and the exam pattern of AILET 2022 will be different for the BA LLB and LLM program. Students must follow the exam pattern announced by NLU Delhi.
AILET 2022 Exam Syllabus
NEET PG Exam 2022 is going to be conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in more than 250 cities across the nation. Candidates are advised to choose the exam centers carefully because no changes can be made after the submission of the application form.
NEET PG 2022 Exam Centers
The subjects that comprise the undergraduate entrance Syllabus for AILET are Elementary Mathematics, English, General Knowledge, Legal Awareness, and Reasoning.
- Elementary Mathematics: The section tests fundamental arithmetic skills. Questions are framed around basic mathematical and modern concepts.
- English: There are Reading Comprehension passages having Law themes. This section tests grammar, vocabulary, and verbal ability.
- General Knowledge: From static GK to current affairs, all factors are covered up in this section.
- Legal Aptitude: The provide legal propositions for which students need to frame suitable answers.
Logical Reasoning: Analytically comprehending situations and conclusions that are logically driven comprise this section
AILET Exam Center 2022
Given below are the state-wise test centers for the AILET.
Jammu and Kashmir
Preparation Tips For AILET
Candidates must go through the following tips and tricks while applying for AILET 2022:
- Solve previous years’ questions and sample papers.
- Make notes and revise them regularly.
- Make a schedule and keep at it.
- Read current affairs and the latest news from many sources.
- Clear your basic concepts of Mathematics.
- Keep yourself fit and healthy.